I am happy to tell you that two souls were saved during the WBS seminar and evangelism Nov 20 21, 2020. We Praise God.
We continue to pray for one another.
God blessed you all.
In Christian Love,
I am happy to tell you that two souls were saved during the WBS seminar and evangelism Nov 20 21, 2020. We Praise God.
We continue to pray for one another.
God blessed you all.
In Christian Love,
Dear fellow ministers of New Covenant.
Greetings to you all from students and staffs of The BVBIN & SWSE, Ibadan and fellow WBSFUW in the Western States of Nigeria.
Below is the summary of this month of September 2020 .
I. FIRST SEMESTER CLASSES CONTINUE
II. WEEKEND EVANGELISM / MORNING GOSPEL CAMPAIGNS
III . REPORT FROM SOME OF MY FELLOW WBSFUW
IV. VOICE OF THE TRUTH VOLUME 105 & 106 AID IN CONVERSION
FIRST SEMESTER CLASSES CONTINUE : This session 2020/2021 classes for first semester enter its 7th week. I,Bro. Makinde Ebens is handling Evangelism-1,Book of James and Church Problems.
Bro. Kayode Eniafe is handling OT wisdom-1(Job & Eccles.) and OT & NT survey .
Bro. Isaac Olaniyan is handling Life of Christ -1( Matthew), The Godhead and 1,2,3 John .
Bro. Andrew Adeolu is handling The Pentateuch and Denominational Doctrines.
Bro. Emmanuel Godwin is handling Scheme of Redemption and NT Church -1 while Bro. Guda Silas is handling Prison Epistles and OT History- 1 (Joshua – Esther).
WEEKEND EVANGELISM / MORNING GOSPEL CAMPAIGNS:
The students and staffs of the BVBIN & SWSE- Ibadan continued in the evangelization of Butubutu village and its environment; Jago, Badeku ,Ajia ,and Egbeda towns of Oyo State and Asejire and Ikire towns of Osun State.
Bro. Iyesele Ifeanyi ,who is presently our students leader is the group leader for the group that evangelized Butubutu village and environs . Bro. Andrew Adeolu and Bro. Peter Ortserga led the Jago , Kupalo and Elewura group. Bro. Kayode Eniafe led the group that evangelized Asejire and Ikire towns of Osun state. Bro. Adedoyin Sola Rotimi led the Badeku group and Bro. Dele Shotola led Ajia group while I led the Egbeda group.
Thanks be unto God for crowning the effort of Bro. Kayode and his group with a convert . And that of Butubutu group with a convert on September 24,2020.
REPORT FROM WORLD BIBLE SCHOOL FOLLOW UP WORKERS :
i- Bro. Emmanuel Godwin and Bro. Gbenga Ilori reported that their evangelism outreach of September 10 through 13 in Imeko ,Ogun state resulted into the planting of the Lord’s church in Imeko town and conversion of two souls.
ii- Bro. Johnson Godwin also reported that the Lord adds three souls to the church in Ode-Aye in Ondo state as a result of their house – to- house weekend evangelism in the months of August and September 2020.
iii- Bro. M.B.Archibong of WBS ,Uyo reported the conversion of two souls in the month of August and September as a result of his follow up and weekly evangelism with other WBSFUW in Okurikang Okoyong,Akwa-Ekim and Ndong Nyom Okoyong towns of Akwa Ibom state.
He ,Bro. M.B. Archibong, requested for the prayer of the saints for one of his co-WBSFUW ,Bro. Daniel Isonguyo that lost his wife recently after a brief illness.
iv- Bro. Obey Rimamskwe reported the conversion of a couple in Kapakya town of Taraba state as a result of their continuous evangelization in USSA Local Government Area Taraba state. He also reported the receptive attitude of some of his denominational friends as a result of the free distribution of VOTI volumes 105 & 106 .
VOTI VOLUMES 105 & 106 AID IN CONVERSION : Report reaching our office from some of the recipients of the VOTI volumes 105 & 106 in Nigeria shows that the VOTI publications aid in the conversions of over twenty souls during the WBS seminars conducted in some States in the months of August and September 2020. To God be the glory !
ABOUT A STUDENT :
Bro. Jude Canox David is one of our present year- 2 students. A native of Ososo in Edo state. Born on August 17,2000 to Bro. and Sister John Jude of the Church of Christ, Jaleoyemi -Oniyere ,Ibadan. Became a member of the Lord’s church in year 2016 after his secondary school education. He is also studying Graphics and Print as his Vocational training in addition to the ministerial studies. His mission after his tertiary education is to assist the church of Christ Saki town,Oyo State and in the evangelization of that northern part of Oyo State.
SPECIAL ACCOMPLISHMENT :
In spite of our present financial state, the school was able to reprint four thousand copies of each of our six local tracts for the purpose of evangelization of both rural and urban areas of the Western States of Nigeria in this month of September 2020.
Permit me to give kudos to the supporters of the BVBIN & SWSE, Ibadan for working together to achieve this victory. The school management and instructors who wholeheartedly accepted the proposal of our evangelism team to get another set of our local tracts printed also deserve to be appreciated.
Brethren, the quarterly request for this local gospel tracts from young congregations in the Western States of Nigeria including Kwara and Kogi States also shows that our brethren/churches here actually know the value of gospel tracts /literatures both locally and internationally printed.
CONCLUSION: We thank you all for your great contributions toward the growth of the Lord’s church in Africa, Nigeria in particular. May the Lord of blessing continue to bless all our joint efforts in Christ Jesus, amen.
I remain yours in His grace as a servant….. Makinde Ebens Olufemi ( The Chief Servant of BVBIN & SWSE, Ibadan and WBSFUW)
Greetings from Akwa Ibom State, Monday Akpakpan and family.
The 2020 LOCK-DOWN ORDER by Government does not mean Lock-In and close doors for our Evangelism work. We are to preach the word, in Season and out of Season. The Lord is still using some of His workers to do the work of Evangelism.
Here are few small thing that took place in May 2020.
– In Two Towns Church of Christ, Manta/Midim, Abak 1 person accepted Christ through baptism.
– Church of Christ Number Two, Manta, Abak 4 people were baptized including a Pastor from the
– In Odukpani County, Cross River State 7 souls were added to the Church.
– In Ikot Ekpeyak Ikono, Uyo there were 2 baptisms.
– In Obot Akara 2 people were converted to Christ.
– Ikot Ubo Waterside Church of Christ reported 1 baptism.
Brethren the spread of Covid-19 cannot stop our Evangelism work completely. Even though we are not as effective as usual but we must try our best.
The lock-down makes many people to die because of hunger. Keep praying for us.
May God be with you all.
Greetings from Nigeria. Report reaching me from the three BVBIN in Lagos shows that 26 were in Agege for today’s class and examination; 24 in Ikorodu and 9 in Lagos Island. From June 6-27 (Only Saturdays), Bro.Frank will be teaching on Denominational Doctrines in Agege, Bro. Emmanuel Odo on Godhead in Lagos Island and Bro.Mfon Etim on 1,2&3 John in Ikorodu.
As for us, I worked with the group that evangelized Ajia town and his environment from 9:30am ,after the national sanitation program till 2:00pm. The group were divided into two. We used the megaphone to preached in Ipara village, Kanku Ifedapo Estate, Dalegan Estate and Temidire Estate about 45 minutes treck to Ajia while the other group were busy in house -to -house evangelism in Ajia town.
Lord’s willing,the full-time students in Butubutu village will start classes on Monday. We are very very grateful for your help in many ways.
Beloved in Christ Jesus.
Greetings from students and staff Of Bear Valley Bible Institute Nigeria and Southwest School of Evangelism Ibadan.
You are all in our prayers for God’s Grace and Peace during this global pandemic. Below are some of our activities for the month of May 2020.
As usual, the ten students that remain in the school campus and three staffs continue every weekend in the evangelization of the remote villages and towns in Ona-Ara and Egbeda Local Government of Oyo State in the month of May 2020. We divided ourselves into three groups in the evangelization of Ajia town,Egbeda town and Butubutu and Eletu villages while villages such as Kuede, Lamini, Banshinde, Gbada, Ogidi,Alabama, Jago, Ogunbunmi, Arikusa, Giwa and many other villages were visited with the gospel of Christ Jesus on every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday by our students under the leadership of Bro.Andrew Adeolu and Bro.Dele Shotola.
Although, no conversion is recorded yet in the groups that evangelised Ajia town and Butubutu village but thanks be unto the Lord that two of our prospects in Egbeda town were baptized on May 18,2020 at Asejire River, Osun State. They are Mrs.Timileyin Abiodun and Miss Busayo Oladunjoye.
1. Bro.Godwin Johnson reported the conversion of a couple in Ode-Aye congregation,Ondo State.
2.Bro.Olorode Samuel reported the restoration of an erring brother and sister in Ode-Ajagba, Ondo State.
3. Bro.Daniel Onifade reported about the growth of the Church in Ode-Irele,Ondo State from 35 membership to 48,children inclusive. The global pandemic has led some erring brethren to return to the Faith. To God be the glory!
4. Bro. Akilapa Timileyin reported the conversion of two brothers and restoration of an erring family of five in Odo-Sida ,Ondo State.
5. On May 1st,Bro.Dele Shotola and one of our present year -1 students, Bro.Oviri Careson stated the need for the young congregation in Ajia town via Ibadan to look for a better place of assembling because the prospects after coming two or three times to where they are, will stop coming due to the havoc committed by the owners of the Hall rented for worship presently.
6. Bro.Obey Rimamskwe reported the conversion of two of his family members in Kapakya congregation,Taraba State. He also invited us for two weeks gospel campaign by July 2020.
7. Bro. Adedoyin Sola Rotimi of Badeku congregation and Bro. Peter Orterga of Jago congregation reported the need for the school to think of assisting them with two to four students for weekend Evangelism as it was in 2019 .
8. Bro. Emmanuel Godwin reported the restoration of two erring aged brothers and conversion of an aged woman in Igbara-Odo, Ekiti State.
9. Bro. Okpulor Baruch and his Evangelism team could not progress further since the total lockdown because of Covid-19. The last Evangelism held was in Egbuoma town,Uguta L.G.A. ,Imo State in the early days of March 2020. Nevertheless, they were instrumentals to the planting of a Lord’s Church in Imo State in the early week of May 2020 due to gradual lockdown ease.
10. Bro. Samuel Oladokun reported that the Church in Igbo-Oloyin, Akinyele Local Government of Oyo State is gradually growing and that they have just succeeded in purchasing a plot of land with the help of Gahanna -Jefferson congregation, Blacklick,USA.
11. Bro. Olorunda Augustine reported the conversion of a soul and restoration of two erring brethren in Ido-Ekiti, Ekiti State where he is presently ministering. He also reported the conversion of eleven souls during the one week mass Evangelism of March in Ijebu-Jesha, Obokun-Ijesha and Esa-Oke with group of Evangelists /WBSFUW in Osun State.
On May 11,we succeeded in posting 130 packages of VOTI Volume 104 (i.e. 3,940) to brethren and friends of the Church of Christ in Nigeria.
Also, 23 packages of 50 booklets each (i.e.1,150) plus 6,000 WBS Introduction lessons were delivered by hand in this month of May 2020.
Bro. Afolabi Timothy Olamide is one of the children of the less privileged brethren from Arandun town, Kwara State. He was sent to the school immediately after his conversion in 2017 by the Preacher of The Church of Christ, Arandun, Bro. Jeremiah Dada to learn the Bible and Vocational Studies (Tailoring). He was born on November 20 in the year 2000 at Oloje compound, Arandun-Kwara State. He is presently our time keeper.
His mission is to learn the WORD of God and be a good Christian fashion designer and to be useful for the work of God within and outside the Western States of Nigeria.
Lord’s willing, this session fourth semester classes will commence on June 1st through July 24, 2020 before the students embark on a month Teaching Practice between July 25 to August 29, 2020. However, all of these plan are subject to Government’s decision on inter-state travels and gradual lockdown ease of the country’s economy.
With God on our sides coupled with the encouragement from Bro.Chad Wagner and associates, we were able to purchased a plot of land for the young congregation the Lord planted through us in late 2019 in Ajia town with the sum of N250,000 on May 5, 2020.
Now that we have succeeded in getting a plot of land for the Lord’s Church in Ajia town at Unity Estate, we are now in need of at least N240,000( about $700) to build a temporary 14 by 22 feets wooden meeting place for this young congregation that can last for four to five years.
We are very very grateful for your great commitment to serving the Lord and humanity. May the Lord keep on blessings all you do for His name in Jesus Christ name, amen.
I remain your fellow labourer in the vineyard of Master Jesus,
Makinde Ebenezer Olufemi
(The Chief Servant of BVBIN & SWSE Ibadan And a WBSFUW)
Bear Valley Bible Institute, Enugu Study Centre started on the first week of January 2020 with 22 students on the first Saturday and additional 3 students on second Saturday bringing to total of 25 students. The centre is located at the meeting hall of Church of Christ Garriki Awkunanaw Enugu. The 25 students are made up of 9 sisters, 15 pulpit preachers and 1 evangelist in charge of a congregation for years now.
From the month of January to March 2020, the students have studied and written exams on 3 courses which are: How we got the Bible, Personal Evangelism and Christian Evidence (part A). The centre has 3 instructors that are committed to this work.
By the end of March 2020, the number of students at the centre is 20 persons (8 sisters and 12 brothers). 5 persons dropped based on health and other personal reasons.
The centre planned having their evangelism by the month of April 2020 to practicalize what they have learnt, but the COVID -19 pandemic outbreak thwarted the plans. The centre shifted the evangelism programme to last week of May 2020 if the situation (COVID -19 pandemic and government polices) is stabilized to normal again.
We appreciate BVBI of Denver coordinators and resource persons/churches for their great efforts and supports financially, morally and spiritually to all the study centres globally. Also to resource person/persons in Nigeria, we say thank you.
May the good Lord bless and keep you as you continue in this good work in Jesus name Amen.
Report submitted by Bro. Patrick Makwe Enugu Study Centre coordinator.
Here is the report of work of March 2020.
– 1ST Sunday of March 2020, there was Youth Seminar at Abak City
Church of Christ.
– 2nd Sunday of March 2020 Youth Seminar and Song practice at
Church of Christ Ikot Okubara, Ediene Abak.
– 3rd Sunday of March 2020, Youth Seminar at Edem Idim Manta.
– There was ordination of Elders and Deacons on March 28, 2020 in
Abak City Church of Christ, Akwa Ibom State.
– At Ukana Ikot Akpan Essien we had 3 baptisms.
– W.B.S Seminar was conducted at Ukana Mkpa Eyop Church of
Christ on March 22, 2020.
– Indoor Inter House Sport was conducted at African Christian
Secondary School (ACSS) on 2nd week of March, 2020.
– M. B. Archibong reported 14 baptisms from Odukpani.
– Nelson Essien Akpan reported 9 baptisms from February to March,
– At Adiasim Ikot Ekon Church of Christ, there were 2 baptisms.
– Atai Otoro 1 baptism was recorded.
– Women Annual Gospel Meeting was done at Ikot Akpabio, Afaha
Obong on 3rd Saturday March 2020.
– Saint Anne Christian Secondary conducted their Maiden Inter
House Sport competition on 21st March, 2020. A Christian School that is one mile away from African Christian School (ACSS). I was one of the Invitees to Chair the Program.
Jesus Christ made a statement that “I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; AND THE GATES OF HELL (HADES) SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT“.
The Corona-Virus (Covid-19) going on now globally cannot prevail against the Lord’s Church. It cannot stop us from preaching the word of God. Keep praying for us.In His service,
Monday John Akpakpan.
REPORT OF WORK FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH 2020
– 1 BAPTISM, 1 SEMINAR AND 1 ORDINATION OF ELDERS/DEACONS
God is love, His love and mercies endureth forever. It is the Lord mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. God’s love is new every morning great is thy faithfulness.
The coronavirus – COVID 19 that is claiming lives of many Americans and Nigerians will not touch any of us in Jesus name, Amen. This virus will soon end.
On Sunday March 1, 2020, I preached the Gospel of Christ at Church of Christ, Ikot Akpabio, one soul responded and was baptized.
On 22nd March, 2020, I conducted W.B.S seminar at Church of Christ, Ukana Mkpa Eyop, Abak. We thank God that this dangerous virus has not reached Akwa Ibom State, so the seminar attracted a good number of Christians. We also preached from house to house and enrolled many into W.B.S courses. What we are doing in my congregation is that we do not allow many members to sit together, we try to space them and they wash hands with sanitizers and running water before they enter the Church hall. Large congregations split their services into four sessions. This week the federal and state Government has declared no work, stay at home from Monday to Friday and restriction of flights and closure of boarders. But workers are paid their salaries so that they may have food to eat with their families.
On Saturday 29th March, 2020 I participated in the ordination service of the first batch of Elders and Deacons at Church of Christ, No 3 Udoekpo Lane, Abak where three Elders and Deacons were ordained. It was a grand ceremony because only few congregations have Elders and Deacons here in Nigeria, many people came out to see the ordination.
Brother Chad, let me ask, I will like to attend this year’s ACAC at Eswatini-Mozambique if there are some assistance from Austin Chapel, let me know sir. Thank you
It is our daily prayers that God will continue to protect us from all harms and infections especially this Corona Virus-COVID 19. May this virus ends soon.
Thank you and God bless you richly.
Uyai Sunday Joshua
I am giving you a short report here
Three Souls were saved that I am aware. We Evangelize. We conduct weekly Bible study. We engage in prayer for sick persons.
A small number enrolled into WBS Study. Completed lessons are awaiting posting due to no available funds. They will be mailed soon as funds will be available.
WBS OFFICE AND MISSIONARY APARTMENT.
Two Solar panels were purchased making a total of four Panels to four batteries. As God continue to bless we continue to work in apartment 2 & 3 after completing apartment one. I have made full payment for the Solar items.
We use them to convey persons and Children to worship. We do so for Bible study, Songs practice and Evangelism. About $200 extra will be needed to maintained them and to raised up the body of new vehicle to cope with the degrading roads. This kept waiting because first quarter support from you brethren in Oakley Church was not given to me. Let God bless.
God protects you all
In Christian Love,Moses Ogar.
I am always very grateful and delighted for your prayers and financial supports in the Lord’s vineyard in Nigeria.
It is my fervent prayer that God should keep us save from the Corona virus pandemic disease which is ravaging the whole world and claiming many lives.
Nigeria is affected in this global problem. For this reason, in order to stop the rapid spread of the virus, pro-active measures have been taken by both the State and the Federal Government. All schools were closed last week, all workers are to stay at their respective homes, movement is also restricted etc. We are facing serious difficult time in Nigeria as prices of goods are sky rocking every day because of the breakdown in the world economy.
I pray that may God deliver us from this calamity so that we should continue to spread the gospel around.
I am sending the summary reports of January, February and March 2020:-
– WBS students were baptized at Nung Ukim and Ikot Ekpeyak in Uyo and Ikot Akpabio, Afaha Obong, Ikot Oku Mfang in Abak L.G.A between early January and February 2020.
– WBS Seminar was held at Utu Ikot Ekpo in Etim Ekpo L.G.A, Akwa Ibom State 15th January, 2020. The guest speaker was Chad Wagner.
Evangelism and World Bible School Seminars were held in the following places during the quarter:-
– Church of Christ, Ikot Anta, Eneng Obom, Ukanafun L.G.A 17th January, 2020
– Church of Christ, Ikot Akpan Eyo, Ukanafun L.G.A 25th January, 2020 and
– Church of Christ, Ikot Odiong, Ukanafun 31st January, 2020. A total of five souls were recorded in those areas.
– Evangelism at Ini and Ikono on 22nd – 23rd January, 2020 brought one soul to the Lord.
– The Follow up Workers great Workshop Abuja 5th – 8th February was very successful.
– Church leaders Seminar took place at Manta two towns Church of Christ, Abak on 15th February 2020.
– NCBC World Bible School Seminar was scheduled on 22nd, February, 2020. Many new students were enrolled on that day for WBS teaching. Bibles were distributed to some of them.
– WBS Seminar – Onuk Ukpom – 14th March, 2020
– Evangelism and World Bible School Seminar was also scheduled at Ukana Mkpa Eyop, Afaha Obong, Abak 22nd March 2020. Many people were interested to study the bible with us through WBS Studies. I gave few copies of bibles to those that requested.
– Evangelism at Adiasim, Ikot Ekon, in Essien Udim and Atai Otoro, Abak brought three souls to Christ during the quarter.
– The Bi-monthly Church Leadership Seminar at Abak and its environs witnessed an ordination of three Elders and three Deacons at Church of Christ, Udo Ekpo Lane on 28th March, 2020.
Some of the pictures of events and baptisms are attached.
I appreciate your good work. Thank you very much. Please, may you continue to recognize us in your prayers, especially in the face of this economic recession caused by Corona virus global pandemic.
May God bless you and your family.
Yours in the Lord,
Sunday Solomon Udoh