REPORT OF THE WORLD BIBLE SCHOOL, ABUJA TEAM FOR YEAR 2019.
The year 2019 is a year full of successes, failures, accomplishments and struggles. From personal to group, it was indeed an eventful year of evangelistic work for the Lord. Some expectations were achieved, while some couldn’t be achieved, but the grace of God triumph in all time and events.
Activities; Among the activities of the team for the year ended includes the followings;
* WBS Great Workshop, Mbaise 2019: A total of Two (2) team members participated in the program. They are Bro Alabi Samson and Omota Smart. As usual, we participated in the Lectures, Evangelism and registration of participants. Thanks for the support from WBS.
* ICT Training & Leadership Seminar: The capacity building programs were held in September at the Church of Christ Kado, with Bro Mike Udam, Princewill Amaefule, Osita Onuora, Abiodun Adegoroye etc as facilitators. Participants benefited more from the activities. Special thanks to the WBS Missionary for the support. See report as sent before.
* The Nigeria Gospel Chariot Evangelism Campaign: This was a month packed event, moving round Twenty (20) locations within Abuja and Nasarawa State, preaching the undiluted gospel of Christ, establishing new congregation, strengthening weaker ones and helps to support stronger and vibrant congregations. A total number of Eleven (11) souls were baptized, while thousands received the words and many enrolled for the WBS & Nations University programs. Thanks to Elders of Church of Christ Kado, Abuja and team members who were Local organising committee for their support. See report as sent before.
* Enrollment and Follow-up on students: This we couldn’t do much because of circumstances beyond our control. There were no new enrollments and new lessons were not sent back on time to us from the U.S (in fact, our student’s lesson 3 has not been received as at now, since sending the lesson 2 in February). Most of the team members assigned to follow-up on Online students didn’t perform as expected and timely, which resulted in failed results on the study schedules with the students.
* Abuja 2019 Mobile Evangelism: Some of the team members were actively involved in the planning and execution of the Abuja Mobile Evangelism in Dutse-Alhaji, Bwari axis. The evangelism train moved through three routes of Dawaki – Dutse-Alhaji – Dutse-Makaranta; Jigo – Ushafa; Bwari – Kuduru – Garam. Thousands saw and heard about the church on that day.
Challenges: Among the challenges experienced are;
* Lack of commitment from members: This particularly affected the follow-up on online students and other activities, as only few (2 in particular) are seriously committed to most of the team’s activities.
* Inadequate Funding: Inadequate funding of team members and activities caused some failures in the team’s programs. Self sponsorship from committed members couldn’t achieved much as there were limited funds as a result of the social economic problems of the country.
* Overseas Congregation support: The congregation overseas supporting with WBS lessons lost communication with the team throughout the year, hence the student’s lessons did not get to them. The cause of the lack of communication can not be ascertained as at this time, as no responses were received from the congregation.
* Functional Office and Staff: The team does not have a functional office apartment, equipments and working staff. This has hinder the smooth work of the team, especially the team leader, who has to work from his house or on the move.
* Abuja as the capital of Nigeria and the gateway to the Northern Nigeria needs urgently a good, equipped and staffed functional office apartment, for efficient and effective execution of the WBS mandate to the world. It will also project the image of the program and the church in good light to interested students of the word. It will aid the work and motivate the workers accordingly, considering the peculiar nature of the environment.
* The WBS Missionary to Nigeria should help with one or more congregations overseas who will work with the team on student’s enrollment and study. While we still hope that our existing relationship with the overseas congregation (J. Tidwell, 6117 Nolensville Road, Nashville, TN 37211, USA) who had sent lessons before will be established back and communication restored in the shortest possible time. The team needs regular supply of lessons to keep both the team and the students busy and timely.
* Funding should be increased to the team considering the enormous work at hand. This will motivate more follow-up workers to be committed to the work. The support received couldn’t achieve the targets because of the number of workers it can take of and the assignments available. Northern Nigeria needs new systematic approach to Evangelism which will requires capital funding for the project.
* A scheduled follow-up activities among committed team members, according to their locations, should be made by the team leader. This will help to be timely and effective with the student’s study program.
It was indeed an eventful year that needs a review that is proactive in its implementation. Mistakes must be corrected, actions must be timely and resources efficiently utilized for a more result oriented team. The world and the church should feel the positive impact of the WBS program in its evangelism approach. The gospel must be preached through it.
Thanks and God bless you
WORLD BIBLE SCHOOL PROGRAM OF ACTIVITIES FOR YEAR 2020.
The World Bible School, Abuja Team’s proposed program of activities for the year 2020 are as follows;
1) WBS Great Workshop 2020: The WBS Great Workshop, Abuja 2020 will be hosted by the team and the Church of Christ, Nyanya on the 5th – 8th February 2020. A total of 500 participants are expected from across the country, including International visitors. The team planned to provide comfortable accommodation for the participants throughout the program, instead of the ‘sleeping in the hall’ method of accommodation.
* BUDGET – A total sum of Eight Hundred thousand naira (N800,000) is projected as expenses for the accommodation for all participants.
2) ICT TRAINING AND LEADERSHIP SEMINAR: This is an annual event aimed at developing the capacities of Ministers and Church Leaders in order to perform optimally and efficiently in the course of discharging their duties to the church. It is scheduled for August 2020. This is organized in partnership with and sponsorship from Bro Mike Udam, Director, Denmike Computers and WBS Great Workshop.
* BUDGET – Four Hundred thousand naira (N400,000). This is expected to cover the Resource Persons, Feedings, Honorarium, Logistics etc for the 2 programs.
3) THE NIGERIA GOSPEL CHARIOT: This has become an annual event and a tool for mass evangelism through open-air campaigns within Abuja and its environs. It has helped to reach thousands of unbelievers and also in establishing new congregations, as well as strengthening weaker ones and helps to support stronger and vibrant congregations. It is expected in September 2020 for another one month mission work in Abuja.
* BUDGET – One Hundred thousand naira (N100,000). This is to provide logistics to help mobilized more team members to participate in the activities across the state.
4) ENROLLMENT AND FOLLOW-UP WORKS: We planned to increase the numbers of active follow-up workers to Five (5) from Two (2). This is to enable the team meet up with numbers of students that needs follow-up study. This number will also aid the process of enrolment into the WBS program effectively, as more schools, groups etc will be reached on time and scheduled. This is necessary especially for our online students, whose locations most times are beyond the city.
* BUDGET – Six Hundred thousand naira (N600,000). A support of Ten thousand naira (N10,000) per month for each worker for a year, will help meet up with the great potentials of reaching out to both new and old students.
5) INAUGURATION OF THE KADUNA WBS TEAM: Although this was supposed to be done in 2019, but for circumstances beyond the control of the team, it was not done, hence the need for it to be completed this year 2020. There are Six (6) Evangelists who are willing and ready to work for the Lord in Kaduna State as WBS Follow-up workers. We are to provide guidance and instruments (materials) for their work, and this we have decided to do in order to help the work in the Northern Nigeria.
BUDGET – Fifty Thousand naira (N50,000). This is to enable selected team members to travel to Kaduna for the inauguration and orientation.
We hope and pray that God will grant the enablement to execute these activities to His glory and provide the financial means to meet up with the financial needs of each activities.
EDITOR’S NOTE: if you’d like to help this good work going on in the capital city of Abuja, you can do so here: https://accc.kindful.com/?campaign=339692