Beloved in Christ Jesus.
Greetings from students and staff Of Bear Valley Bible Institute Nigeria and Southwest School of Evangelism Ibadan.
You are all in our prayers for God’s Grace and Peace during this global pandemic. Below are some of our activities for the month of May 2020.
As usual, the ten students that remain in the school campus and three staffs continue every weekend in the evangelization of the remote villages and towns in Ona-Ara and Egbeda Local Government of Oyo State in the month of May 2020. We divided ourselves into three groups in the evangelization of Ajia town,Egbeda town and Butubutu and Eletu villages while villages such as Kuede, Lamini, Banshinde, Gbada, Ogidi,Alabama, Jago, Ogunbunmi, Arikusa, Giwa and many other villages were visited with the gospel of Christ Jesus on every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday by our students under the leadership of Bro.Andrew Adeolu and Bro.Dele Shotola.
Although, no conversion is recorded yet in the groups that evangelised Ajia town and Butubutu village but thanks be unto the Lord that two of our prospects in Egbeda town were baptized on May 18,2020 at Asejire River, Osun State. They are Mrs.Timileyin Abiodun and Miss Busayo Oladunjoye.
Reports from SWSE Graduates
1. Bro.Godwin Johnson reported the conversion of a couple in Ode-Aye congregation,Ondo State.
2.Bro.Olorode Samuel reported the restoration of an erring brother and sister in Ode-Ajagba, Ondo State.
3. Bro.Daniel Onifade reported about the growth of the Church in Ode-Irele,Ondo State from 35 membership to 48,children inclusive. The global pandemic has led some erring brethren to return to the Faith. To God be the glory!
4. Bro. Akilapa Timileyin reported the conversion of two brothers and restoration of an erring family of five in Odo-Sida ,Ondo State.
5. On May 1st,Bro.Dele Shotola and one of our present year -1 students, Bro.Oviri Careson stated the need for the young congregation in Ajia town via Ibadan to look for a better place of assembling because the prospects after coming two or three times to where they are, will stop coming due to the havoc committed by the owners of the Hall rented for worship presently.
6. Bro.Obey Rimamskwe reported the conversion of two of his family members in Kapakya congregation,Taraba State. He also invited us for two weeks gospel campaign by July 2020.
7. Bro. Adedoyin Sola Rotimi of Badeku congregation and Bro. Peter Orterga of Jago congregation reported the need for the school to think of assisting them with two to four students for weekend Evangelism as it was in 2019 .
8. Bro. Emmanuel Godwin reported the restoration of two erring aged brothers and conversion of an aged woman in Igbara-Odo, Ekiti State.
9. Bro. Okpulor Baruch and his Evangelism team could not progress further since the total lockdown because of Covid-19. The last Evangelism held was in Egbuoma town,Uguta L.G.A. ,Imo State in the early days of March 2020. Nevertheless, they were instrumentals to the planting of a Lord’s Church in Imo State in the early week of May 2020 due to gradual lockdown ease.
10. Bro. Samuel Oladokun reported that the Church in Igbo-Oloyin, Akinyele Local Government of Oyo State is gradually growing and that they have just succeeded in purchasing a plot of land with the help of Gahanna -Jefferson congregation, Blacklick,USA.
11. Bro. Olorunda Augustine reported the conversion of a soul and restoration of two erring brethren in Ido-Ekiti, Ekiti State where he is presently ministering. He also reported the conversion of eleven souls during the one week mass Evangelism of March in Ijebu-Jesha, Obokun-Ijesha and Esa-Oke with group of Evangelists /WBSFUW in Osun State.
Voice of Truth International/WBS
On May 11,we succeeded in posting 130 packages of VOTI Volume 104 (i.e. 3,940) to brethren and friends of the Church of Christ in Nigeria.
Also, 23 packages of 50 booklets each (i.e.1,150) plus 6,000 WBS Introduction lessons were delivered by hand in this month of May 2020.
ABOUT: Afolabi Timothy Olamide
Bro. Afolabi Timothy Olamide is one of the children of the less privileged brethren from Arandun town, Kwara State. He was sent to the school immediately after his conversion in 2017 by the Preacher of The Church of Christ, Arandun, Bro. Jeremiah Dada to learn the Bible and Vocational Studies (Tailoring). He was born on November 20 in the year 2000 at Oloje compound, Arandun-Kwara State. He is presently our time keeper.
His mission is to learn the WORD of God and be a good Christian fashion designer and to be useful for the work of God within and outside the Western States of Nigeria.
New Semester starts at SWSE
Lord’s willing, this session fourth semester classes will commence on June 1st through July 24, 2020 before the students embark on a month Teaching Practice between July 25 to August 29, 2020. However, all of these plan are subject to Government’s decision on inter-state travels and gradual lockdown ease of the country’s economy.
With God on our sides coupled with the encouragement from Bro.Chad Wagner and associates, we were able to purchased a plot of land for the young congregation the Lord planted through us in late 2019 in Ajia town with the sum of N250,000 on May 5, 2020.
Now that we have succeeded in getting a plot of land for the Lord’s Church in Ajia town at Unity Estate, we are now in need of at least N240,000( about $700) to build a temporary 14 by 22 feets wooden meeting place for this young congregation that can last for four to five years.
We are very very grateful for your great commitment to serving the Lord and humanity. May the Lord keep on blessings all you do for His name in Jesus Christ name, amen.
I remain your fellow labourer in the vineyard of Master Jesus,
Makinde Ebenezer Olufemi
(The Chief Servant of BVBIN & SWSE Ibadan And a WBSFUW)