THIRD QUARTER NEWSLETTER AND EVANGELISM REPORTS 2019
Kingdom’s greeting to you in the precious name of our Lord and saviour. I pray this letter finds you faithfully serving our master Jesus in His Kingdom, Amen. On behalf of our evangelism Team, I write to appreciate you for the sacrifice, love and support which you have put forth to see about the continual spread of the gospel and growth of the church in this part of my world.
Am glad that my determination to evangelise the world as an alumnus of Nigerian Christian Bible College is helping in expansion of the Gospel of Christ which is one of the founding aims of the college here in Nigeria some sixty five years ago. Am glad that I am among the first set of students who passed through the college and graduated with Bachelor of Arts Degree in Religious Studies. Having received such preparation from the College, it worth reciprocating same through our investment in soul winning. Working with others in doing this work and with my experience serving in different Christian Institution such as:
- Mfon Abasi Orphanage, Abak 2001 – 2005 (Bible Teacher)
- Eracare Christian Academy, Yala, Cross River State 2006 – 2008 (Campus minister/ Bible Teacher).
- Rhema Christian Academy,Uruk Otong- Bible Teacher
- Obong Christian University—2010 to 2015 (Student Affairs Officer)
- African Christian Secondary School, Abak from 2015 till date where I serve as the Administrator assisting Brother Monday John Akpakpan in structuring of a Christian Institutions. In the afore mentioned areas for the past eighteen years, countless souls have been converted to the glory of our God. While serving the church of Christ Ibio Nnung Achat as a Gospel Minister (2009 to 2018), where WBS courses sent by Northport Church of Christ, Alabama was our main tool for evangelism. Many baptisms were recorded as many completed their jail term and came out of prison to become useful to themselves, family and the society after studying through WBS.
However, am glad to bring you our “2019 Third Quarter Reports” under the following sub-headings:
- SERVICES TO CONGREGATION:having worked with church of Christ Ibio Nnung Achat for 10 years, I am presently serving a new congregation (Central Church of Christ, Abak) where most members are new souls converted through World Bible School. We have seen the joy serving Christ as a family and a Team under this platform.
- OUTREACH EVANGELISM:within the quarter in view, we have launched different outreach campaigns in places like; Etinan (Asuna), Prisons, Hospital and “Nto Ndang: in Obot Akara Local Government in Akwa Ibom State. Last month, Tuesday to Friday 6th to 9th August, 2019 about 400 congregations from different states, across Nigeria gathered in NCBC for 65th Annual Lectureship to discuss the great theme: “ The Book of Ecclesiastes”. The great event ended with a total on 128 baptisms, induction of the NCBC Alumni, Bible Lectures and strengthening of the brotherhood here in Nigeria.
III. ACHIEVEMENT DURING THE LAST QUARTER: our WBS Evangelism Team Members have registered many students in WBS courses, over 47 souls converted to Christ, 22 restorations and many congregations in the rural areas strengthened to the glory of God. Among these is the recent greatest prospect and conversion of a “Drug Addict” a man who sells Indian hemp and has a good number of non Christian youths gathered in his place to smoke and cause troubles around the community (picture attached). With this greatest achievement of our Team, we hope and pray that many of these youths around these new convert will be converted soon to Christ soon.
CHALLENGES: Brethren, we have the following challenges on the course of this evangelistic effort.
- Means of transportation to help us conveying our Team members to and from different places of evangelism to cut down the transportation expenses.
- Bibles for the students and the new converts
- Used Hymn Books for the rural congregation.
We are indeed very grateful to the East Pointe Church of Christ and the Cottondale Church of Christ for sending most of the material we are using for evangelism, we pray God to bless this effort.
Warm regards from the brethren and our evangelism team.
In Christian love,
**If you’d like to donate to Solomon Solomon’s work, you can do so here. Make sure you designate “Solomon Solomon” so the funds go to the correct preacher.